Thursday, May 8, 2008

My First Pedicure....Ever!

Aren't they pretty?!
Clockwise from top: Devrie, Kim, me, & Kristy


I went with some good friends of mine (Kim Fitch, Kristy Perkins, & Devrie Jensen) on a Saturday morning to get a pedicure. I had never had one before, so I was glad I was with people who knew what was going on. The place we went to was pretty new and had these awesome chairs that were like lazy boys with foot spas attached to the front of them. They reclined and massaged. It was heavenly. The people who owned the place were Korean, so as they were working away, they'd make a comment here or there in their language. It's great when people do that, isn't it? They could be saying, "This girl has the chunkiest canckles I've ever seen!" And I'd just be sitting there smiling and nodding back at them. I'm sure they weren't saying anything mean though....but you never know. Another reason why I would much rather do this with friends is because you have someone to talk to besides the stranger clipping the cuticles around your toenails. I feel bad enough thinking that I'm making someone massage my feet...it would be so much worse trying to carry on a conversation in broken English with each of us asking "What?" every other sentence. I'm sure they were pretty relieved, too, that they didn't have to come up with something to talk to me about. Anyway, the point is...I'd probably never elect to get a pedicure by myself. But it really was great with the girls.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you came. It would not have been the same without your Kate and her new panties story.

janae said...

Love the new blog back ground - and I totally recognized which feet were yours. Such cute toes! How fun that you have a group of friends that you can do something like that with!! :)

Bryan, Rachel, Ben and Tyler Nichols said...

Which feet are yours? Krischele I just had my first pedicure too, right before our baby was born! Wow, twiners!

I also thought the same thing that you did...what are these girls saying. Mine were oriental too. Wasn't it fun? It really tickled though, but I loved it! My feet were pretty for the nurses when I delivered. Although, they didn't deserve it seeing that they didn't give me my medicine. J/K

Belnap Family said...

I am so sad I couldn't go!!! Next time I guess. I was jealous when I saw how cute all your toes looked!

Bryan and Haylie said...

Krishelle-
i just found your blog through Janae's. it's been so long! your kids are adorable! keep in touch.
-Haylie (Burgon)
bryandhay.blogspot.com

Sharee said...

Look how fun all of your toes look. You deserve a good pampering!

Sharee said...

Look how fun all of your toes look. You deserve a good pampering!