I'm sure none of you other (down to Earth) parents would blame me for not wanting a haggle of kids running around my house for a birthday party...at least not kids under 10. Anyway, it's still too cold to do anything outside for a party (curse that darn cold weather...that hasn't gone away yet!) and Jason and I were leaving for a trip on the East coast a few days later (details on that will be forthcoming), so we opted the easy route and held the party somewhere else and had someone else in charge of entertaining. Can I tell you that this is the way to go?! We reserved 1 1/2 hours at Kate's gymnastics place and they did the balloons, the activities, the table and plates and cups, etc. and best of all...
The clean up!!! This was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Kate could hardly contain her excitement and everyone had a great time; even the parents who stuck around for it. I had a great time jumping in the big foam pit and got some great exercise trying to get back out of it. I'd venture to say that I'd try this route again.
Kate & some friends in the foam block pit
Kate & her cousin Emma riding the horse
Kate being thrilled about getting a lightsaber
from her (boy)friend EthanThe girly girl birthday chick wanted a dinosaur cake, of all things. No not princesses, not unicorns or horses...dinosaurs. That's one of the things I just
love about Kate; she's just Kate and no one else is even remotely like her anywhere else in the world, ever. Example: My mom took her to the dollar store to pick out a couple of little things for her birthday and Kate spent almost the entire time carrying around this little pink Easter stuffed rabbit. We were about to leave and she spots this small bag of 4 plastic lizards. "I want these, too!" but she's told she will have to put something else back if she wants them. What goes? The pink stuffed animal rabbit. Now what girl who is surrounded by pink and flowers every morning when she wakes up (and loves it) would want plastic lizards over a pink stuffed creature? My Kate.
6 comments:
First, I think hosting the party somewhere that they do all the work is BRILLIANT. That is my kind of party! :)
Second, that dinosaur cake ROCKS. Seriously, it is amazing. You have talent, girl!
Kate is so fun! I love their little leotards. That looks like a fun party! And your cake is awesome. You are so creative!
I just did a close up on your cake- the lava is amazing! How did you do it?
It was pretty much a disgusting amount of gel frosting...oozed all over...in two different colors. Why can't they make that stuff taste better?
Yes, yes, she is Kate and there is no one like her -- just like her mom when she was a little girl!! I finally got some pics of the fun party on my blog. Glad I was able to be there
I'm glad she liked her lightsaber. I told Ethan he should give her a purple one at least, but NO, he had this one in mind JUST for her.
Post a Comment