Monday, June 23, 2008

Dreaming Big


Last weekend we went to a BBQ at a nearby park with some friends. One of my friends from my ward, Kristy, whips out her big guns camera, a Canon EOS 40D, to take some pictures of the kids on the playground. I saw that thing and started drooling...well, not really, that would be gross, but I was all my attention was instantly sucked that direction. I haven't been extremely vocal about it in the past, but I am really interested in learning more about cameras and photography and eventually want to perhaps start a little business on the side. I've pretty much put all aspirations on hold for now because everything has its season and I don't think I'd have sufficient time to take any classes in that area of expertise at the moment. So I don't really have a huge driving force to get one of those high tech cameras just yet because if I did, I pretty much wouldn't know what I was doing and sadly it would be a waste of a wonderful camera. But I'm allowed to dream, right? Anyway, she took some really cute pictures of Andrew (Kate was having a sleepover at Grandma's and loving it) and e-mailed them to me. I was just blown away with the clarity and how well the close-ups turned out. Sheesh, whenever I try a close-up with my puny little camera, it usually ends up not even being worthy to share with Jason, let alone anyone else. But seeing the difference in the quality and what can be accomplished with an SLR rather than a Point and Shoot camera, my determination has been newly refreshed. So, Kristy, Jason may not be too excited (about the price, at least), but I'm really glad that I talked with you about it. I've been officially inspired to work more diligently at becoming more camera literate and getting my hands on a big gun of my own. Hopefully sooner than later. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

janae said...

Such darling pictures! I think you would be a fabulous photographer, by the way. You always have been interested in pictures, you know. But, you're probably right that there is a season for everything. Hey - big plans for once Drew starts school, and learning and practice until then!

Belnap Family said...

Can I just tell you, I feel the exact same way!! I even had a similar conversation with Kristy on Saturday. A nice camera just takes such great pictures! Andrew looks adorable by the way!!!

Perkins said...

That is awesome that I have brought that dream to surface. I have always been one of those people that when I am somewhere I think, "that would be a great picture." That is why I went for it. I have been spending a lot of time reading and more. I have a lot more to learn. But I love it! Andrew has such dreamy eyes. Thanks for letting me get so shots of him.

Kelly said...

Those pictures turned out great! There is so much stuff you can learn about photography just on the internet for free. I say learn all of the basics and then buy the camera someday. I bet you could still get some great pictures on whatever camera you have. PS Your cinnamon rolls were divine!

Nica said...

HI!!! Its nice to see more people from Wyview. I miss everyone. How have you been? What are yall up too?