Friday, June 6, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding




This past week has been a pretty crazy one. Memorial Day weekend, Jason's brother Greg gave his farewell talk at church in Aberdeen and then left for the Sao Paulo MTC the next Tuesday. So we stayed over at his parent's house instead of driving back and forth a bunch of times. It was kind of hard to see him go. He's so good with Kate and Andrew...we're really going to miss him.






































Jason and his brothers at the Pocatello Airport

Then that Friday, we drove down to Utah and met my Dad, his wife Karen, & my sisters and their families at Chuck E. Cheese's to celebrate some birthday's. The kids always have a blast at that place!
Andrew with Papa John and Grandma Karen



















Kate with her cousins Brooke and Becca


Saturday, I was in charge of doing a bridal shower for my best friend, Nicole. It was difficult planning it long distance and getting all of the food made and supplies there, but it worked out and the shower went great. Jason left to go back to Idaho that night after 18 holes of golf (of course) with our brother-in-law Dan. I stayed and got to hang out with my mom and sisters and Nicole for a few days. I finally got to meet the guy Nicole married two days before they got hitched. (Some kind of friend I am...but, hey, when you live in another state...). I first met him when I took the kids over to Nicole's house because her sister, Brooke, had brought over and set up this huge blow-up water slide for the kids to play on. Andrew played for
a little bit, but soon got cranky so I put him down for a nap. Brooke's daughter, Hallie, and Kate had a ball together. They were on there for at least a couple of hours which gave me the chance to have some time to interrogate Marshall. I must admit, I was a little worried about not getting to meet him until then because that only gave me two days to break up the wedding if I needed to. :) But really, Marshall is an excellent choice for a spouse. In fact, he really reminds me of Jason (So how could I disapprove?). I really shouldn't be too surprised though since Nicole was the one who picked Jason out for me. The cute couple and I later went out to dinner to this little Mexican restaurant called Su Casa that Nicole and I used to always go to when we were in high school. Marshall is quite humorous and I didn't even feel like a third wheel...even though I was.

The next evening, Marshall had a boy party. I hesitate to say bachelor party because that automatically places the word "stripper" in one's head, but I don't think that some minimally clad chick popping out of a cake is quite his style. So I got Nicole all to myself that night. It was really nice to be with her and, I have to admit, kind of entertaining to witness her pre-wedding jitters. We got a carton of really chocolate ice cream with other chocolate stuff in it, plus we added some M&M's to go on top and watched a movie...just like old times. Jason arrived back in Utah that night and it was quite nice to have him back.

The wedding ceremony was beautiful and was very nice to see, given neither bride nor groom bolted from the room when the marriage was to take place. But really, they will be great together and, luckily for me, I don't think Marshall will have any qualms with my coming around when I'm down in Utah. So after the luncheon on Wednesday, Jason & I picked up the kiddles from my sister's place and headed back to good ol' Idaho. It's fun to break away from the mundane routine of things every once in a while, but it really is nice to come back home when you've been away.







All the girls showing off their stuff
I'm the third one in on the left

6 comments:

janae said...

So many things to say.... okay, first, I'm sad we missed each other, but considering how hectic both our lives were at that time, I think we're both of the hook! :) Second, Jason's sister looks just like his mom (the sister than I know about - the one that has an Emma) and his brothers all look just like his dad, and he, well ... milkman, maybe? One of these things is not like the other. Really. I think you might look more like his family than he does! Cute fam, though. Figures, since we think the world of Jason, and he came from that stock. (At least he claims to have come from them. I'm still doubting it. :) Third, you did not tell me Nicole was getting married. Oh, baby, do we have a lot to catch up on. I mean A LOT. My comment stops here. I could go on forever, but I think the phone may be a better option. We're two hours later than you are right now ... so the best time would be 1-5 pm your time, Monday through Thursday. Call me when you get a chance!

Belnap Family said...

How fun! Looks like you had a good weekend!(And busy!) I love that your friend wore bright pink shoes, how funny!

MadMadameMim said...

I love friends weddings. That is so great that you are close enough you could go with out too much trouble. You look really cute in that picture.

Kelly said...

I love Andrew's little BYU shirt! We have already bought three BYU outfits for Sadie. I guess we have a little too much school pride.

Sharee said...

Wow you had a busy week! Your brother-in-law will be back before you know it. I can't believe that my brother-in-law is coming home in September. I am glad that you and Jason were able to have some time alone without the kids and were able to go to your friends wedding.

The Nicolaysens said...

Hey, I know that family, they look a little bit familiar:)
I found your blog on a friends blog, I didn't know that you had a blog, but that's cool, because I think it's a great way to keep in touch. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer. Talk to you later.