Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bath Time Fun

Andrew and Kate love bath time. Except when Kate is dumping water over Andrew's head, they are pretty good friends and play great in the bath tub. Some people may get their undies in a bunch seeing that I bathe my girl and boy together, but honestly, they don't seem to even care about their differences in anatomy at this point, so I figure we're still safe. Kate once pointed at a certain part on Andrew and asked if that was his belly button. I said, "No, his belly button is up here." And that was that. No questions or concerns after that. I'm sure I'll have to start separating them pretty soon here, but until then, I'm enjoying the convenience of getting all the scrubbing done at one time. Why make life harder on yourself before you have to, right? Besides that, where is the fun in taking a bath all by yourself?

They used to love having splashing wars but I put an end to that when more water ended up outside of the tub than in it. So they have had to come up with other tub time past times. Here is an example of their latest one. The creativity of little kids never ceases to amaze me.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm glad bath time is a peaceful part of your day. You deserve it!

janae said...

I have good news for you - you are actually SUPPOSED to bathe your boys and girls together. It is actually healthier for them to do it together than separately. When you do it together they learn to have a healthy concept about male/female differences. The five year-old 'show & tells' aren't all that appealing because they know what the opposite sex looks like. So learning about bodies is natural rather than naughty. See, you're being a great mom, and you didn't even know it!

Belnap Family said...

An alphabet hat!! Where can I get one?!
Janae just made my day. I bathe mine together too. It's the same thing, they're not that interested yet, so I say go for it. Lucy thinks she has a "penut" and I just say uh-huh, sure honey. Ethan knows what is going on though, and he's cool with it.

Bryan, Rachel, Ben and Tyler Nichols said...

You have such cute kids Krischele! So fun! I love bath time.

crack'n up ourselves said...

YOu snapped a great picture... it made me chuckle.