Saturday, September 27, 2008
Kate Quirks
You know that all these psychologists say that every kid should have a baby doll to learn nurturing skills and stuff like that. Well, from the very get-go Kate has had no real interest in baby dolls despite grandparents buying her several and us getting her a baby doll accessory set for Christmas 2 years ago. That's not to say that she is lacking in nurturing qualities but lets just say that her energies are spent in the non-human care giving arena.
The doll set we got her for Christmas included a high chair, a stroller, and a pack and play. Needless to say her stuffed animals are the ones that go for the stroller rides as well. (As you can see by the look on her face, she is really excited for doll stuff. Can you sense my sarcasm?)
Kate's baby dolls sit mostly undressed, untouched, and lonely in a corner of her room.
Kate's stuffed bear takes the place of her doll in her little dolly bed.
This is the best one: Kate has dressed up her stuffed camel (her favorite...what an odd favorite. I mean really, how many other kids are attached to a camel?) in her doll clothes...legs through the sleeves and all. Plus, don't you just love the finishing touch that takes her "ordinary" camel up to princess status? What a funny girl. We sure love her. This is actually a pretty common sight in our home, but I thought I'd better capture it before it goes away and we fail to even remember it because it seemed so commonplace at the time. Kate has always chosen the path less traveled...and I think it suits her quite well, wouldn't you say?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I had to laugh at the princess camel. That's pretty cute!
So funny that she would be "motherly" to her stuffed animals but not her dolls!! I love that 1st picture of her, she looks so young.
My girls were the same way.
krishele, that is awesome! A camel princess, what will they think of next? how cute!
I can relate when I was a child I really loved animals so much more than people. Barbies Yuck - My Little ponies now that is what I am talking about. O-well I hope I turned out ok!
By the way your side of the neighborhood is much more exciting!
you have a really cute blog!!
Hey Krishele!
I love reading your blog! It is so fun!
I finally started one of my own, but I don't have your e-mail address, so here is the site:
http://tigertfamily.blogspot.com/
Enjoy and take care!
Trisha Tigert
Hi Kiddo,
I love checking in on you and your family. It makes me feel closer.
Miss you,
Mom
Hi Krishele,
Weird neighbors! Did it involve nudity or meth?:)
nothin' quite like a quiet Sabbath!
Post a Comment