All about High School...
1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? Most of my dates were with guys from my high school. There was this one guy from Skyline though...he was pretty wild.2. WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? First off, I drove a silver 1982 Honda Accord...yes only 1 year younger than me...but I must say that I was in much better shape. It had been pretty much totaled my my oldest sister in a hydroplaning accident and pieced back together by my other sister's overly-sure-of-himself boyfriend (who, by the way, busted out the back door window to get his tools back after they broke up...what's up with that...he could have just said "Can I have my tools back" instead of committing a crime.) So needless to say, by the time I got it and took it in to get it aligned after driving it for quite some time, the guys in the shop said that they couldn't align it because it was missing so many parts and was unsafe to drive all together. So I continued to drive it around for a couple of months (nice, huh) until I inherited my oldest sister's red Geo torm (the "S" was broken off). It was a pretty good car and sporty looking. Had quite the personality though. Just as one example: when I'd turn on the car the blower for the heater wouldn't start blowing until I revved the engine up pretty good. Weird. I don't think high schoolers should have new, nice cars...really, these old beater ones build so much character.
3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? Are you kidding?! I'd cry if I got an A- in a class. It was pass it or die!
4. WHERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? I wouldn't call myself a party animal...I did more hangin' with the groupies. We were a relatively subdued crowd.
5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? That and a player...I didn't even mean to though, honest! I mean, they both knew about each other and I was just sort of waiting to see which one would give up first...but they both kept hanging on. One, until way into college (well, his was sort of college) and the other until he got home from his mission...I had met Jason only 2 months before he got home and he stole my heart away. Poor missionary guy.
6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? Yeah, "in" choir is an understatement. It was intense! I had a choir Nazi for a teacher and choir had to pretty much be my life...of course, it wasn't, so it goes without saying that I wasn't his favorite student. But I learned a lot and loved the experience.
7. WERE YOU A NERD? Depends on your definition of a nerd...I certainly married one. So if you attract what you are, I guess I've got a bit of nerd in me.
8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? I played soccer every year except my junior year when I was experiencing major knee issues. They went away during my senior year season, but returned right after the season was over. I'm just glad I got to play.
9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? Nope...I was your typical goodie, goodie.
10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? My choir teacher made up memorize it and then sing it in all sorts of different harmonies. So, sadly, yes...if I think about it really hard.
11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? I had lots of teachers that I really liked Mr. Takeno, my drivers ed teacher was a football coach and thought I was just nuts...I was. We had a lesson about drinking and driving and he was doing an example about how you lose your inhibitions when you're drunk and asked a girl in the class to stand up on her desk and sing the Star Spangled Banner. Of course she wouldn't, but he said she might if she had a few drinks. When she said that she wouldn't, I piped up, "I'll do it!" to which he replied, "I know you would, that's why I didn't ask you. It would have ruined the point I was trying to make."
12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? Out in the main hall, generally.
13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? Hillcrest High School
14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Huskies, Green, White, Black (and sometimes Orange accent) I loved the orange though, I would paint my nails orange and green to show school spirit (and be obnoxious).
15. DID YOU GO TO HOMECOMING AND WITH WHO? Yes. Sadly, I had to go get out my pictures to remember. Um, my junior year I went with Mike Warren. My senior year I went with Troy Hayes. And if you can believe it, he asked me again to go as a "super senior". I figured, what the heck, why not?
16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? No. The drama of high school is something that people should only have to go through once.
17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? I remember the big gathering on the football field afterward. I've got some pretty good pictures from that night.
18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY? I'm not aware of having one...maybe the goodie, goodie groups weren't invited if there was one.
19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? Swing Club, FBLA...I joined my sophomore year only because my sister was the President of the club and ended up going to nationals...then I didn't ever join again. That's all I can recall right now.
20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? Um, who hasn't?
21. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? Sophomore: Adam Youngberg Junior: Jeff Johnson Senior: John Luke
22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR 10 YEAR REUNION? Sure.
23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? Yes. At 14 I worked at a ghetto movie theater and then moved up in the world to work at the Salt Lake County Recorder's Office. Sadly, I got paid a fraction of what the old ladies there got and did 3 times as much...they were all still pretty scared of computers.
I'll tag....Kim Fitch, Kimberly Belnap, Julie Meldrum, & Kristy Perkins





4 comments:
That was fun to read about your experiences in high school.The dance pictures added a nice touch.
I wasn't planning on doing this tag (sorry Debbie - I still adore you!), but reading yours was so much fun that I keep having this idea that it might fut to actually do the tag. Those were great days, huh? And you were so a player. Although you were a 100% honest player. I think the problem was the boys. What were they thinking?? Anyway, player or not, I think you are (and were) fabulous!
I learned so much about you. I love all the pictures! You are such a great person. I can't wait to see the pictures of Disneyland.
Oh it's been too long since I've come to check out your blog. What a blast from the past. :) Fun pictures too!!
Post a Comment