Well on that same line of thinking, I knew I couldn't be a Super Mom per se, but I could certainly work on being a better mom. So here are some of the things I've been actively doing with my kids.
Kate got this pack of 24 different colors of play-doh for her birthday (Thanks, Kim). Really, you can't imagine just how many cylinders of play-doh that really is until you have them scattered all over your counter. Evidently, this is the activity of choice for Kate every time she is taken over to Kim's house to be babysat. She has loved molding her own little creations.
The kiddos absolutely LOVE playing in the bubbles. They can stay occupied for over an hour. It's interesting to hear some of the play noises that come from the sink area. I didn't know Andrew could squeal in such a high pitch.
Making cookies.

The kids made this pizza all by themselves (except for the dough-Kate did help roll it out though). Kate did have to do some fixing of the giant pile of cheese that Andrew made...but give him some credit, that's the only spot he could really reach. They were pretty proud of themselves...I, too, was quite impressed. I don't think I give them enough credit for how much they really can do.



We printed out some frogs and colored them for puppets for the "Five Green & Speckled Frogs" song. The kids really love that song. Kate practically has the whole thing memorized. It's a lot of fun now that she's old enough to color and cut and sing songs with me instead of me having to do it all for her. Kate is really growing up fast and I am enjoying her company more and more.

The kids made this pizza all by themselves (except for the dough-Kate did help roll it out though). Kate did have to do some fixing of the giant pile of cheese that Andrew made...but give him some credit, that's the only spot he could really reach. They were pretty proud of themselves...I, too, was quite impressed. I don't think I give them enough credit for how much they really can do.
We printed out some frogs and colored them for puppets for the "Five Green & Speckled Frogs" song. The kids really love that song. Kate practically has the whole thing memorized. It's a lot of fun now that she's old enough to color and cut and sing songs with me instead of me having to do it all for her. Kate is really growing up fast and I am enjoying her company more and more.
8 comments:
Your Kitchen Aid is ORANGE?! That ROCKS. I love it. So, so, so cute! Kate's playdoh creations are amazing. We are no where near that kind of creativity. Mostly they just beg me to make them balls. (I've tried to teach them how to do it, but apparently it's easier to beg me and get me to do it.) Your kids are growing up so quickly, I can't believe how big they are. Love you!
Hey!
I love all the crafts and ideas, and I loved your friends blog as well. SOOO inspiring! I'll be doing checklists, and activities as well.
E-mail me your e-mail so I can invite you to my blog! Take care!
Trisha
solm16@yahoo.com
You are being a good mom. I think about doing better too. I know Eden is still young, but I really could take more time to play with her or read to her. Because down the road, it's not really going to matter how clean my house is or if the laundry is done - it will be the memories that we create with them.
You are awesome... I bet your kids just love you.
Girl you are a play dough prodigy! Wow! Daxton can play in a sink of water and bubbles forever. Good job on the the super mom quest. I think you are a great mom.
Hi Honey,
You've always been a good mom, but it's great to see you doing fun things with my darling grandkids - I'm sure they love it. They can make pizza for me the next time you're down.
Luv u all,
Mom
Such cute ideas Krischelle! I just adore Kate's beautiful, thick hair. It's just like yours:)
Also, those Guittard(?) choc. chips are my fav. We can't get them out here in N. Carolina so I have to use the milk choc. of another brand. I'm glad you use the good stuff too, they're the best!
Post a Comment