Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kate's First "Official" Day of Kindergarten

Kate's first day of Kindergarten was an open house type setting yesterday, where I brought her with me to meet her teacher and drop off her school supplies.



Today seemed more like the "real" deal with the watching her walk off into the building without me. I didn't know quite what to expect out of myself as far as emotions. I'll just say that I'm pretty proud of myself for not crying. However, I'm not sure if I didn't get all teary eyed because I was being a "cool" mom or if I was just already emotionally drained from dealing with Andrew throwing up all morning. Either way, I think I should still get to count it.


5 comments:

Belnap Family said...

She looks sooo cute and grown up!!!! Ethan keeps telling me that Kate doesn't go to his same school, but he wishes she did.

Philip and Breann Duffin Family said...

I love that girl!! I hope she had fun! Her hair looks awesome!!

Kelly said...

She really does look so cute. I always love seeing her new hair-dos!

janae said...

She CANNOT be that old. What happened to that darling little baby I used to tend?! She can't read can she? What happened to time?!!

ps. she is so beautiful!

Sharee said...

Kate looks so cute on her 1st day.