We made another trip to Yellowstone and luckily the weather was better. We checked out some of the other stuff that was all snowed in last time. It is really such a unique place. I'm so glad that we're as close as we are and can head up there often.
This is one of the few pictures that I'm actually in. Lot's of times you wouldn't even know that I am at certain events because I'm always behind the camera so there's no record of me being there, really.
It was a trick getting the kids up on that log over the top of a river, but it made for a fun picture. This was taken at a place called Firehole Cascades. Jason remembered it from when he was a kid and vacationed to Yellowstone with his family. They came out and swam in the warm water.
This is what we saw as we headed back to West Yellowstone for the night. It was really pretty.
We also saw these guys on our way out. There were just a couple of buffalo herds we saw that had little calves with them. They are so cute when they're little.
We stayed at the Days Inn in West Yellowstone. They had this awesome water slide that was really fun for the kids. Poor Jason forgot his swimming suit, so he just got to watch (and take the pictures).
There was a bridge over this river that the kids just had to go over (ok, I wanted to also). There's just something about bridges that screams "Please come walk (or drive) across me!!!"
This cool neon-green, mossy looking stuff was on quite a few of the trees around the park. It looked kind of like a strange variety of parsley or something. Peculiar what you can find when you look around.
7 comments:
Looks like tons of fun. Beautiful pictures!
WOA. The colors in that last picture are phenomenal. Your camera is amazing. (And your skills are even better!) Yellowstone is gorgeous. We keep talking about getting back up there, but have yet to really make plans. But every time you go I really get antsy for it!
GREAT pictures! Good job. I have never seen baby buffalo before, how fun is that?!
Wow I'm impressed with your photography skills! That looks like a really fun little vacation!
Did you go both in May and April?? You are a bunch of goers, if that's a word. Sounds like fun. I'm glad you little family gets to do so many fun things together even if I have to "read" about it. I love the pictures. You are doing a great job with the camera.
Those are some awesome pictures!!
I've been telling Stephan that I want to go to Yellow Stone on a family vacation, but he doesn't seem too interested. I'll have to show him your pictures. What kind of camera do you have? These pictures are amazing!
Post a Comment