Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Andrew's New Trick

I know, I know, I seem to just be limping along with this blogging thing.  I'm still trying to adjust to a whole new life here....it will get better.  I'll get more on the ball.  It also doesn't help that I've got a calling that demands almost as much time as a job.  I keep wondering to myself, "What did I do with all the free time I had before I was put in as RS President?"  I wish I had an answer for that.  Anyway, on to the main event.

We got the kid all geared up for the inevitable numberless falls he was going to experience.  He thought he looked pretty tough.  He kept telling me in his I'm-flexing-and-clenching-my-teeth-together-while-holding-my-breath voice, "Look how strong I am!!!  Look at those muscles...feel my muscle!!!  I have 10 muscles!"  As he flexes his pencil thin little arms.  I'm afraid the poor kid is destined for twiggy-ness throughout his youth, much like his daddy.



So we set off to teach a new dog a new trick.  I can't tell you how many bruises I had on my legs from catching him as he went down and his bike continuing on down to smash into my shins.  It wasn't pretty.


  There was some whining and discouragement involved, but once he finally started getting it he made sure to tell me that "Practice is over.  I can do it now so there's no more practice.  Practice is over."  He was informing me of this well before he could even start out on his own.  After another week or so, he started being able to balance enough to get going without help from me.  He's still a tad unsteady but gets better and better each time he gets on his little bike.  However practice, evidently, is over.  So what are we going to call it now?

3 comments:

PB said...

It was all worth it. He is doing great and is so proud!

AmberLou said...

Wow... RS President? I'm sure your amazing at your new calling! How do you like it and where you are living? That is so fun that Andrew learned a new trick! :)

janae said...

Wait. YOU taught him to ride a bike?!? My whole frame of mind just changed. I guess since my dad taught all of us, I just thought it was Sam's job to teach the kids. WOA. Well, you're amazing. I already knew that, but this affirmed it. I guess it's pretty lame that Seara is turning 6 and can't ride a bike. I was blaming it on Sam, but apparently I can't do that any more.