Thursday, April 21, 2011

Butterflies and Spring

It's spring, and with spring comes butterflies.  Kate got a kit for Christmas that comes with a "Lady Bug Land" and a "Butterfly Garden".  This kit came with a coupon to send off for some lady bug larvae and caterpillars.  Kate's been taking good care of them and currently we have some new lady bugs and each caterpillar has formed a chrysalis.  Now we're just waiting for them to bust on out as butterflies.  It's been really interesting to watch.





















With all of this bug action going on, I found myself with my very own transforming bug.








Before he "turned" into a butterfly, he got into his own cocoon and instructed me to take a picture of him.  So here he is in his chrysalis/cocoon glory.







Happy Spring!!!

2 comments:

janae said...

Oooh, I've been thinking about getting one of those live butterfly gardens. Let me know how it turns out!

PB said...

For a minute there, after watching the butterfly metamorphosis, I thought I was seeing your kitchen in IF. Uncanny resemblance.