It finally happened. I knew it was probably just a matter of time. She does have my genetics, after all. She got bit by the horse bug. She is just crazy over horses just like I was at her age (and still kind of am).
It starts with a horse cake. We looked at a variety of horse shaped cakes, but she's no dummy. She saw a cake with horse toys on it and insisted she have one like it. I can't say I would have thought of that at her age...ask for the cake with toys on it that I can keep. Wily little person.
She didn't get to see her cake until her little (yep, it was just us) party that night. As you can see by her face, she was delighted with it.
Later, we opened presents. She got her own personal little Snuggie.
And her very own cowgirl boots to go with her other present. She'll have to wait a little bit for it, but I think it will be worth the wait. We signed her up for a week long horse camp. She goes for a couple of hours each day and learns how to care for horses, clean horses, saddle horses, and, of course, ride horses. It starts mid July.
I didn't realize it at first, but Kate's choice of where she wanted to go out to eat for her birthday fit right into the theme of the evening. Jason asked Kate where she wanted to go and I figured it would be someplace like McDonald's or even Red Robin, but she chose....Texas Roadhouse. The girl has expensive taste already. Sure surprised me. They gave her this cowboy hat to wear and sang to her. She just soaked it up...as she always does with any attention she can get.
All in all I'd say it was a successful birthday shindig.
PS. If you didn't notice. We go to this nice, relatively expensive restaurant and she orders a hot dog....
3 comments:
I love the pictures and I miss you. Wow - horse camp! That will be tons of fun for her.
Love you
Mom
It is great to see your blog updated. It looks like you are surviving the move. You will make a great RS president. We miss you guys but hope that you enjoy this new chapter in your lives.
You kids are growing up way too fast, they are adorable!
Super cute! I always had expensive taste too (and still do). Just be grateful she didn't order steak and lobster, as I would have done at her age
Post a Comment