Jason's best friend from high school is doing his Podiatry residency in Detroit. It's only a little over 3 hours away from us so we decided to make a weekend jaunt to visit. Our kids and his kids hit it off right away. We went to a local farm and got to pet the animals. The kids just loved it.
After the farm, we went to spend a little time at the pool. The kids got some pretty good air off the side of the pool.
Nothing like a good game of chicken.
Kate was quite a little fish that day.
Check out those muscles!!!!
Somebody got all upset that he wasn't winning the game that was being played.
He came over and sat on the chair next to me and told me he was done swimming. He lightened up after a few minutes and was enjoying watching everyone else play around. This is where he was when the dads decided they were going to have a little race across the pool.
Ouch. That looks like it hurt...
So I was busy catching the race on camera, when Andrew decided to go join in the free-for-all. Evidently, he forgot that he wasn't still wearing his water wings and, um, well, he can't swim. After the race was all done. He was standing to the side of me soaking wet and all upset that no one saved him when he was sinking. Sinking? What? After going through the series of pictures I had taken, I found this one that actually catches my poor little guy in the process of literally drowning. How sad is that?!? I still don't know how he managed to get out on his own. But I'm glad he did. Sheesh. Nothing makes you feel like you've earned the worst mom of the year award like finding out that you were taking pictures of your son drowning and didn't even save him...
He's still alive, so I guess I'm ok and didn't get honored with that award....yet.

3 comments:
I can't believe you caught a belly flop on camera - that is so hilarious!! And the Andrew drowning picture/story is great. Definitely something I would do. You know, when you teach kids how to self-rescue, you're supposed to knock them in unsuspectingly, then wait while they struggle so they can figure out how to save themselves. So basically he had a self-induced rescue session. That's a good thing, right? :)
It was great having you guys here. We will work on geting a Friday and a Monday off of work to come out there and see you guys in the Burrrrg. And of course, you are always welcome to come back.
Hey, we all have "worst mom" moments.
I just wanted to comment on how much I like your photography. The picture of the kids inside the barn is beautiful; I love the lighting.
It was fun catching up on your family. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment