Friday, August 15, 2008

Craters of the Moon


Ok, ok, so I'm a little (well, a lot) slow at getting this one posted. It's been a crazy couple of weeks with Kate doing swimming lessons Monday through Friday for two weeks. She's doing great at them and just loves being in the water. She's my little fish.













Kate & Andrew in the locker room after swimming lessons


Anyway, on July 25th we drove to Craters of the Moon and camped there with the Fitch family and the Perkins family. We reserved a group site and so we were away from all the other campers (thank goodness, with three 1 year olds running around and crying in the night). It was the only place in like 100 miles (ok, maybe not that far, but it seemed like it) that actually had pine trees or trees at all besides Juniper bushes...but I guess those don't count as trees because they have bush in the name. It was really neat to be out in the middle of the desert camping under pine trees. Weird. The boys got plenty dirty and Andrew even managed to mangle his face on some lava rock. It was lots of fun though. We did a little hiking the next day as well. This place really is out of this world. It is the strangest landscape I've ever seen. Granted, I haven't been too many places, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.


1 comment:

janae said...

I can't believe you cheated on us!!! We were supposed to go camping at the Craters of the Moon with you guys! I am so hurt. ;)

ps. I love Jason's shirt. I ought to get Sam one like that. lol