Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Day Out



I actually got to go outside with my kids this week and enjoy some (too much) sunshine. I was invited over to a friend's house with some other friends for some lunch and leisure time. I wasn't yet in summer mode, so my poor kids didn't get any sunscreen on them and turned into lobsters. Now I look like a neglectful mom, oh well. On the bright side, the food was great and the company was fantastic. In fact, Kate much more enjoyed the company than the food...

Kate & Ethan just love each other's company

The two of them spent the majority of the time playing "Star Wars" together. They'd disappear for a while and then come jetting across the driveway wielding their pretend light sabers. Other times, they'd walk around exploring things while holding hands. It's so cute because it's so innocent. I just get a kick out of watching them.

3 comments:

janae said...

I am terrible with sunscreen. The only reason my kids aren't burnt to a crisp is because they got Sam's awesome olive-tanning skin. Lucky them! I don't think Enoch has it, though, and I'm pretty worried. I think I might have to change my ways. :)

By the way, Kate's outfit is to die for. And her hair? You kill me. How on earth do you do such cute hair?! Oh, I am such a lame mom when it comes to hair. ;)

Kelly said...

I totally spaced the sunscreen too and Sadie ended up with a lobster red head. I am going to be prepared for the next lunch/play date we have!

Belnap Family said...

They love each other.