It's time I get back with it, aye? So here's Christmas at the Duffin home.

Here's our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. A take and bake Papa Murphy's pizza (real fancy, I know, but it reduces stress on the evening and allows me to enjoy my family more) and pudding for dessert. We put a nut in one of the bowls of pudding and whoever gets the nut, gets to unwrap the game that we play later that night as a family. This year it was Wii Resorts. It rocks.

Here are the little boogers in their new pajamas that the "elves" leave on the doorstep for the kids to unwrap.

Santa brought Andrew a tool bench so he can fix things like his daddy. He also got some Transformers from Jason's parents and
LOVES them. We actually found a DVD of the first season of the transformers original cartoon. The kids can't get enough of it.

Santa brought Kate lots of Puppy in my pocket (and friends) stuff. Her gift from Santa looked pretty puny next to the big ol' tool bench, but she loved it. (Funny how girls just love the
little, itty bitty toys, you know like polly pocket...all those
little pieces to get lost.) She got an art easel from Jason's parent's too. She'll get a lot of use out of that for sure!

Santa was naughty this year because he wasn't supposed to bring any big (well, big is relative...let's say expensive) presents this year (because we were going on a vacation to California) and surprised me with the Nikkor 18-200mm VR II lens for my camera.
I was and still am ecstatic!
(Notice Kate's unimpressed expression, like "It's a box. What's the big deal, mom?")

Just playing around with the camera.

Check out this awesome picture I snapped. How cool is that?!
7 comments:
I am excited for you and your new lens. You are going to have to start coming to photography club with me because everyone oohhs and aahs over the nature shots.
That is so cool you got your lens! I didn't know that! Also, did you really take that awesome picture??!! cool beans.
Way to go Jason!! Your face says it all, Krishele. He did good. :)
I love the new things you are being able to shoot. Wish my camera did a little better, but I know I won't do enough to warrant an expensive one like yours. So I'll just enjoy your great shots!
I see your countdown to the superbowl! Yea! Wanna come join the crew in Utah for the game? Of course there will probably be more rowdiness and testosterone with the fam in Idaho than here, but know you are still welcome to come simply because we love & miss you!
Okay you are my hero. First I love the comment and totally agree with what you wrote on Melissa P.'s blog, 2nd yes I'm busy reading every else's blog and I never update mine. 3rd where did you find the orginal transformers 1st season dvd? 4th-I love photography just like you. I can't get enough of it and you need to teach me all the lens stuff. 5th- your family is adorable!!!!
Rachel,hey, now I know two moms who feel the same way I do!
I got the transformers season 1 DVDs at Sam's Club. I don't know if they keep them stocked or if it's a hit or miss thing.
What do you want to know about the lens stuff? (Not that I'm the one to ask, really.) What kind of camera do you have?
Post a Comment