We left the day after Christmas to head for California for Jason's grandma's 80th Birthday bash. And if we're going to be all the way over there in Cali, we might as well go to Disneyland and Sea World while we're at it.

While at Disneyland, Kate was chosen to be a padawan, or Jedi in training, at the Jedi academy. They taught her some sweet light saber moves just in time for Darth Vader and Darth Maul to show up and try to get the padawans to come to the dark side. Kate had a chance to brandish her new learned moves on Vader. It was intense. Jason was just tickled pink and Kate loved it. It was definitely one of the highlights of the trip.

We went to Sea World on New Year's Day and surprisingly the crowds were relatively small. We got to see the sea lions and dolphins perform. Kate got to feed the sea lions later. It was pretty crazy...the birds and seagulls were extremely aggressive and would just about fly over and nab the fish right out of her hands. They even had a cat and dog show. (At Sea World? I know, that's what I thought.) But it was actually really cool. Did you know that you can train a cat to do tricks? I sure didn't. We sat in the splash zone to see Shamu, so I wasn't going to have my camera out. It was a great show and we didn't even get a drop of water on us. GRRRRR.

We had a fabulous time and it was nice to be in some warmer weather for a little while. When we got back, the snow pack had been added to quite a bit and some angel with a four wheeler had plowed out our driveway for us. Thank you whoever you are!!! That was a great way to end a great vacation.
This is a picture I took of a lemon on a tree in Jason's grandparent's backyard. It was really cool...seriously, who has a lemon tree?
7 comments:
My grandma has a lemon tree and it ROCKS. Lemonade from freshly picked lemons is the BEST. Yummmmm.
What a fun vacation! And I must say, Kate has the cutest profile. I love it!
Cute pics and a great way to display them! You'll have to show me how you did it. I love checking in on your blog and seeing my cute grandkids.
Okay, it was really me - mom & gramma, just wearing my teacher hat. Love you Pope!
OOOOO! This was TOO much fun! Lets do it again soon alright? :o) I hope you guys are doing good...we sure miss you guys!
I love the pictures of Jedi Kate!! I'm so jealous (and that's on top of the fact that you've made me really want to go to Disneyland)
What a fun trip. I think it is funny though that you mentioned a Lemon tree- cause being from California I know a lot of people with those.
Thanks for the tip about the movie. I know my Ben would LOVE it!!
Anywho, my dream is to get an SLR someday--probably a cannon, but nikons are excellent too. We had to get a new digital camera because ours died right before Christmas. It's a cannon elph. I really wanted to just save for an SLR, but too $$$$. I just really love photography and want to learn more about lenses. What kind of camera do you have?
How are you guys liking Idaho?
Post a Comment