Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Big Mac

We finally took the plunge. We've had our little Dell laptop for much longer than anticipated and we were running out of memory and patience. We decided to go for the Mac rather than the PC. We've heard that once you go Mac, you never go back. So far, so good. It has taken some getting used to (no right click button on the mouse), but I think it will work out nicely. As for any pictures, I've not gotten those all transferred over yet, but I'll get there. Slowly, but surely.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

If you get a different mouse you can right click! You'll love it...I am still so in love with my "new" computer a year and a half later.

PB said...

I like the ones at school and my school laptop, but I don't have a definite opinion on Mac vs PC. Good luck with it all. BTW, how's your tushie after your fall?

Belnap Family said...

wahoo! Way cool for you guys. I am a little jealous, memory space is a MAJOR problem for us too!

janae said...

Yay! Congratulations!! We have both a non-right click and a regular right click Mac mouse. It does take getting used to, but it doesn't really bother me not to have it. If you hold the control button while you click, it's a right click. In case you find a time where you really need it. Good move you guys. Good move. :)

janae said...

Sam says that if you got a new Mac you should have gotten a mighty mouse - and even though it looks like there is no right click, there is. You just click on the right side. He says Mac doesn't make mouses without right clicks any more. So unless you got a used computer, you should have a right click. He says to go to the Mac website and watch the tutorial. I know nothing. I'm just typing as fast as I can while he talks.

And he's excited for you too. :)

Krishele said...

Thanks Janae. Evidently it was a setting in the mouse menu that I didn't realize I had. Jason fixed it and now I have right click. All my dreams are coming true! (Well, maybe not all, but that one anyway.) Just made a great thing even better!

Alicia said...

love mac. We got our mac almost two years ago. it is still as good as new. We still have our 1000 lbs hp laptop taking up space. Much like old shoes that looked great when you first got em, our sad, slow hp is still an internet asset when I carry the mac laptop away. the only thing pc is good for is reading MRI's. it costs $1500 for the mac MRI reader. go figure. Looks like hp has a life insurance policy in this house hold.