Friday, February 26, 2010

Wrestling Season 2010

As I type, Jason is heading down to Pocatello for the State Wrestling Championships. He'll be there most of the day today and tomorrow. This is how wrestling season is for my family and I don't even have a kid that wrestles (though it seems that I might just be doomed to that fate). Jason wrestled in high school and all of his 3 younger brothers have followed suit. Cavin is a senior now and is the last wrestler in his family. Jason has been sure to make it to as many wrestling events of his as possible. Now, wrestling is not a sport like unto football or soccer that have a certain start time, end time and duration (say 2 hours or so). It is common for wrestling tournaments to last ALL day for a COUPLE of days. Needless to say, all that gym time can be draining. Don't get me wrong, I love that Jason is all for supporting his bros, and at times, being there can be quite fun and engaging, but it is a hard sport...not only for the wrestler, but also for everyone else involved. But these boys sure love it.

Here are a few shots from the times I got to attend along with Jason.

As you can see, things can get rather intense and entertaining.

Cavin is the one in black and orange. Check out those guns! That's just crazy!

Andrew was very much enthralled by it all. It was not rare to see him mimicking the moves being made on the mat by the wrestlers as he wrestled himself or his imaginary opponent. (Here he is taking himself down.)

And it begins...

My nephew, Hunter, a casualty of an all day tournament.
'Tis the life of wrestling.

4 comments:

KaYla said...

How fun! I love Duffin events!

Chris said...

You hit it on the head! It is a love/hate thing. Today I love wrestling!

janae said...

Woa. His muscles are amazing. I never knew wrestler could be so ripped. I think it's awesome that Jason is so supportive of his family. It's the right thing to do. I'm so proud of you for letting him do it, despite the strain it can put on you!

Kelly said...

Nice job capturing the action. I have never been to a wrestling match or tournament, but it looks exciting!