Monday, March 8, 2010

Girl's Day In

I mentioned in my previous post that Jason took the car (the pickup was leaking coolant all over, so he couldn't take that) and Andrew to the State wrestling match. Well, I tried to make the most of being stuck at home and still make it fun for Kate.


First, I gave us both a toe nail makeover.




Then we went outside and sharpened our sweet snow building skills. The snowman is so cliche (and we didn't have any sticks around for arms), so we decided to mix it up a bit and made us a snow bear! We still took advantage of our resources and used some berries off of our crab apple tree for the eyes.


After the snow bear, Kate took the opportunity to take a little "sail" across the lake in front of our house. Jason took a shovel to the ice that was blocking the storm drain in the gutter the next morning and drained our reservoir. But it was fun while it lasted.


After getting soaked in our lake, Kate came in to warm up by our make-do "fire". (Since we don't have a fireplace) And of course that was coupled with hot cocoa with colored mini marshmallows.

All in all, I think we made pretty good use of our girl's day in. What do you think?

5 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

sounds like a blast!
I won't show my kids, they'll cry about the snow bear.
But that is one thing I'm not missing.
Speaking of girls, hug the girls for me!

Kristine said...

I noticed your fancy toes at church yesterday. :) Sounds like a great girls day in. What a fun mom!

janae said...

You are so cute. I don't know that I would even have thought of doing something like that. And your nail polish skills are crazy good! WOW! It looks like Kate may have gotten your super cute toes, lucky girl!

AmberLou said...

That looks like a fun girls day! It's always fun to spend time together with your kids! Hot chocolate and marshmallows sound yummy!

Philip and Breann Duffin Family said...

That looks like alot of fun!