Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kate's Birthday Party

We did just a family party this year. I say "just" but it ended up being quite the event. All of Kate's relatives from Utah made a special trip up here. We had a very full house, but it was way fun to have everyone here. I know Kate absolutely LOVED having all that attention from all those people.







Kate wanted a Little Mermaid cake and my sister, Brittany, helped me create a three layer ocean extravaganza...and it even tasted good, too!


All the boys disappeared downstairs to join in the March Madness fiasco that is this time of year. Isn't that so typical of guys to go hide from the women, kids and chaos of a birthday party?


My sister-in-law Breann is an angel in disguise. She is one of those amazing people with endless energy and optimism. She brought games with her and spent most of the night playing with all the kids. Every time I saw her, she had a group of kids gathered around her (like moths to the flame). It was really her that made the evening so enjoyable by keeping all those little kids happy and entertained. The crazy thing is that no one asks her to do it....and she actually LOVES it. We all appreciate you Breann! Thanks!







Kate was spoiled with all sorts of fun presents. She got a Zhu Zhu pet, more Pets in My Pocket animals, a light bright cube (which, I might add, is a brilliant up grade to the original one cause now my kids don't have to fight over it), Sponge Bob legos, a chia tree (yes, you read that right. She saw it in the store and just had to have it.), Pixos, and other awesome things.


We spent a good portion of the day on Sunday playing with the new loot.





Thanks everyone for making the trip, I know Kate really appreciated it.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

So fun to see your sisters (even if it's just in a picture). You guys are just as gorgeous as ever!

Looks like you all had a blast. Happy Birthday, Kate!

rnichols said...

When I opened your blog, the first pic. of the girl in the red I thought was you. You are skinny minnie and look fabulous!!! Wow, you look a lot alike. Are the b-day party pics. taken with you new camera? I can't believe how big Kate is getting.

The Cleverleys said...

ok, so I am so sad we missed it. It looked like you all had so much fun together. We miss you guys! You did an AMAZING job on the cake! How fun! great job for hosting a bunch of people, that is awesome! take care! happy b-day Kate!

janae said...

WOA! That is quite the event. I can't believe everyone went up to Idaho for a birthday - THAT is dedication! How fun for you guys. You are so lucky you have someone like Breann. I so wish we had someone like that in my family. We don't. Bummer! :)

Happy belated birthday to Kate!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Kate. What an incredible cake. You are such a crafty girl!

Philip and Breann Duffin Family said...

You are too kind Krishele! I had a blast! Love all you of guys!

The Nicolaysens said...

Kate is getting so big! I remember when she was born. Good job on the cake it looked great!

PB said...

The party was a great success; you were a terrific hostess; and we all had a wonderful time!! Thanks for letting us come and for being such a darling daughter. Love you - Mom