Thursday, September 9, 2010

More Summer Escapades

We did way too much this summer.  But it was fun.  

We went camping with my sister, Brittany, and her family up in Teton National Park.  I love these mountains.  They are so pretty.


We took the kids fishing.  The little ones obviously weren't too interested in actually holding the poles.  Didn't catch any fish, but we caught lots of rocks.  I think this was one of my favorite beaches.  It was all rocks and pebbles, no sand to stick to every place you knew you had and some places you didn't.




I've gotten sooooo lucky this year.  I've seen more than my fair share of bald eagles.  I just can't help but take pictures of them.  They are just so cool.



The hammock was a major hit.  Here are all the dirty little punks holding their souvenir animals from a nearby general store.



We took these on our way out of the park.  I just love the after camping look.






We had to stop in Jackson on the way home for the classic picture in front of the antlers.



Next, we climbed Ben Lomond Peak in North Ogden.  This time I was joined by both my sisters and their spouses (and my spouse, of course).  There are 3 different trails to reach the top, and naturally we took the hardest.  It was 15 miles round trip.  We left at 6ish in the morning to beat the heat and boy was I glad.  I was feeling it on the way down.






Thanks for the good memories guys....and for not passing out and making me carry you down the mountain.

3 comments:

janae said...

Don't get me wrong - I love your sisters and brosinlaw, and I'm definitely in the same boat - but you are the only person in that last picture that has any muscles to show off. Seriously, Krishele, you are BUFF!! You could have easily carried them down the mountain and you know it! :)

ps. Some day I'd like to hike Twin Peaks. Wanna do it together? Obviously you'll have to wait until I'm in shape, and I'll have to wait until you come visit Utah from Pittsburgh, but I'm patient.

Krishele said...

Janae-I'm totally up for a Twin Peaks excursion. Bring it on!

I'm thinking my knees would have put up the biggest fit about carrying anyone down a mountain. They were pretty mad about just carrying me by the time we got back to the cars. Ornery knees, anyway.

Kelly said...

What beautiful scenic pictures! So when are you coming over so we can play on the computer ;)