My kiddos have never been front runners when it comes to teeth...getting them or losing them. I swear we used the excuse "She must be teething." to explain a lot of Kate's behavior as a baby for months and months before she actually got a tooth. I don't, in truth, know the actual date when she did get her first tooth (I'm a good mom like that and didn't keep track of either of my kids' milestones ). But I
do know when she
lost her first tooth...cause my camera logged the date (July 22, 2011, if you must know). It was a momentous day for her, because loosing a tooth is a big deal for a kid. It was also a great day for me as well, because, so far, she isn't showing signs of having the same issues as I did. I had my 12 (yes, you read it right,
twelve) front teeth pulled all at once when I was in 3rd grade because my permenant teeth weren't pushing them out & would have come in in front/behind my baby teeth (imagine human shark). How did I eat? I still had my molars. I must say kids are very resilient and I was no exception.
Below, Kate
is holding her itty-bitty stub of a tooth...you just can't see it very well against her white shirt.
Since this happy day in July, I am proud to report that Kate has lost
3 more teeth (all in front) since. And to make things extra funny, she
was missing her two front teeth just in time for Christmas (Get it? All
I want for Christmas is my two front teeth?)
1 comment:
Sam's family has really late teeth genes too. His aunt got her last baby teeth pulled while she was at BYU!
Post a Comment