Since we've got a nice hill to the side of our place I decided a Slip n' Slide would be appropriate. Sadly, with the price our landlord charges us for water, it's like watching rubies run down the hill and disappear into the grass, so I only got it out the one time, but they had a blast. By the way, it was worth every penny.
There's a small pond just a little way off from where we live. We tried our luck there one morning at baiting some hooks and throwing in a line. Let's just say the only thing we caught that morning was this picture. (Which was well worth rising early on a Saturday morning.) Those sneaky fish kept stealing our worms. I bet they thought we were just the biggest suckers when we just kept throwing those gross, slimy worms out to them. Little punks anyway.
Also, not too far from us is this awesome "park" (I put quotations around park cause it seems much more than just a park to me). I only made it there once last summer, but I think I'll be frequenting it much more this year. It has a sandy beach and camping and hiking trails. It's an outdoor enthusiast with kids' dream come true!
So this beach area is on the South side of the lake and is fantastic for my little kiddos. Sand castle's and moats, little fish (what Kate is so intent on catching in the picture below), cool little shells (what Kate actually caught)...


...and digging, digging, and more digging. What more could a little boy want?





3 comments:
Okay, I love Pennsylvania. It is so beautiful there!! I'm glad you're taking advantage of it (at least somewhat :). Love you!
Your slip 'n slide looks fun! I didn't know Twin Lakes had a beach...were those pictures taken during our playgroup? If so, it is not Twin Lakes Park (the map you have there), but Keystone State Park. I can't wait for the summer so we can go again! SO much fun!
ooohhh, I couldn't remember which one it was...I'll have to change the map! Thanks!
Post a Comment