More summer posts that I hadn't quite gotten to until now...

We drove up through Yellowstone and checked out Mammoth Hot Springs. Evidently, it used to be a lot more exciting and active, but it was cool anyway.

This was the first meadow of note that we came to while climbing elevation. Very picturesque. I couldn't help but wonder how all of those boulders ended up there. Hmmmmm.

This was a gorgeous high mountain lake. Unfortunately, when we decided to get of the car to see it closer, we were immediately swarmed by mosquitoes by the thousands. It was crazy! From there on out we enjoyed the lakes from the car.

This is just one of the amazing views from the other side of the pass. Just breathtaking. My camera just can't do it justice.

We stopped at a look-out point and these chipmunks were practically domesticated from having so many tourists stop through. No surprise really that my kids started begging me to take one home for a pet. Nice try, but no.

My personal trip planner named Jason, grossly underestimated the amount of time it would take us to accomplish our adventure, so we ended up bunking down in a hotel somewhere in Montana. It was a pleasant stay even though we didn't have any of our overnight necessities with us. The kids didn't seem to mind. Honestly, I thought it was pretty fun and adventurous...woohoo. Hey, that's a
HUGE deal for someone like me who has to have everything planned out ahead of time before I go anywhere or do anything, esp. with kids in tow. Good times.
2 comments:
Holy gorgeous. I knew I wanted to see Yellowstone! Maybe you guys can join us when we go in the spring. :) You are so darling in those pictures. Oh, and way to be spontaneous! It's good for all of us to practice not having things go our way, this I know.
ps. In case you don't check back to see if I answered your question on my blog (I did), here you go:
Krishele - I went through a phase where I was in love with orange julius. As in I made it every single time I got together with people. It was during 8th grade, I think. It must have been during one of our off times. No worries, next time you're down here, I'll make it for ya. :)
ps. Adam is getting married soon. I'm going to his reception on October 24th. Yay for him!
Way to go! I have a hard time with last minute stays anywhere. What a fun trip.
Post a Comment