Last night I took a much needed break from kids and life in general. I'd had it up to here (I'm holding my hand above my head) and felt as if I was going to flip out if I didn't get away for a while. Jason's cousin Trisha is moving to Tennessee at the end of the month so Breann, Tara, and I planned to take a girl's night and go out to dinner with her. Trisha lives in Pocatello so I was going to swing by and pick Breann up and drive down with her. Breann had something come up so I ended up driving down there by myself, which turned out to be a good thing for me. I turned the radio way up and just sang along at the top of my lungs, tapping out the beat on the steering wheel. Sometimes you've just got to "let your hair down" to just get rid of all the stress building up inside. I'm sure some of the people I passed on the road thought that I was really strange, but, really at that point, I didn't even care. I met Tara and Trisha at Chili's and had a great time talking about nothing in particular. It was nice to just take my time and not be checking my watch every few minutes to make sure I wasn't late to whatever might be next. We even ordered 2 desserts. The white chocolate and the milk chocolate molten something or other. They were amazing! I would surely say that anyone who leaves that restaurant without having one is sorely missing out. However I definitely vote for the milk chocolate over the white. I think a little time away from my kids makes me a better mom. I've been a lot more patient with the shrieks and tantrums today than I was yesterday. Jason was great about taking the kids and feeding them the green mac n' cheese (hey, it was St. Patrick's Day) that I had made. You just can't beat the feeling of driving 75 (ok, ok 78) mph down the road, the car all to yourself, listening to your music, heading toward something you're actually looking forward to...especially when you feel so smothered by life that you can hardly breathe. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids but sometimes I just need a break.
P.S. Kate's birthday was over the weekend. I can't believe that she's already 4!
6 comments:
I was totally cracking up reading your post! You are such a good writer. I'm definitely trying that dessert next time I go to Chili's because it sounds like I have been missing out.
Yay for taking a break from kids!! I volunteer as a mentor at a school for at-risk youth every Tuesday night. I have to admit that even though I do like the 'helping people' and 'volunteer' thing, I especially love it because it gives me a break from kids, home, and life in general. And it helps me re-focus on how blessed I really am. (Some days its harder to feel blessed! :) I'm so glad you got a girl's night out!
ps. did you see my post dedicated to you? Wait, maybe you shouldn't look. You just may kill me for putting that out in the blogosphere!
I'm so glad you had a fun night out! I totally get the craziness as we all know. Perhaps we need to have girls nights out more often so we can all rejuvinate!
I can't believe Kate is 4. It doesn't seem possible. They grow up too fast. As for the header on my blog my sister in law did that for me. She did an online scrap booking thing. It was simple but time consuming. I'm lucky I have a blog, so I tell people to enjoy my pictures because it's not going to get fancy. If you want more details, email me at yolissa12@gmail.com and i will send you the details.
Kate is 4?!?!?!
I can't believe that.
I love the all by myself car time. I think that singing has saved my sanity more than once!
That WAS a fun night! We are going to have to do it more! You really ARE a good writer Krishele!
Post a Comment