Monday, March 24, 2008
An Endless Battle
So just when you think you are going to be able to save up a little bit of money to get something you've been wanting to get like trees in the yard or actual drapes in the living room, of course something has to come along to foil your plans. It's just a natural law of life. I was sitting in our partially finished (mostly unfinished) basement when I noticed some yellowing on the sheet rock on the ceiling that happened to be underneath the spot where the dishwasher sits in the kitchen above. Great. So we take off the bottom panel and watch as we run a cycle and sure enough it is leaking pretty good during the draining part of each cycle. We call a repair place and describe our problem and they have a replacement part we can purchase. Unfortunately, the part we need only comes connected to the whole pump assembly which happens to cost about half what a new dishwasher would cost. Double great. So it only makes sense to replace an 8 year old dishwasher with a new one instead of paying half that cost to fix the old one that may completely give up the ghost in the near future anyway. Grrrrrrr. There goes the drapes in the living room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, that is the WORST!! I'm so sorry. Lame, lame, lame!
That bites big time!
I know it's a stinky story but the way you tell it makes me laugh. Just when I thought we were getting new living room furniture we found out we OWE money in taxes...no refund, boo who.
that really stinks! I'm sorry! and I'm sorry Kim has to pay taxes, yuck!
Dang it all. What a nasty surprise!
Post a Comment