This past week was a waste of a week. The kids both had high fevers coming into it and by Friday, both Jason and I were coming down with something too. Kate spent a day in her pajamas in front of cartoons and another couple of days whining, but she seemed to recover pretty well except for this phlegmy cough that keeps hanging around. Andrew's fever finally came down after being at 103 degrees off and on for a couple of days, but he continued to be extremely cranky and kept waking up at night crying, claiming he was hungry and then refusing anything that I'd offer him. And in the middle of the night, finickiness is not appreciated. Jason took Wednesday off to help me out with the kids because I had not been getting much sleep and sick kids are definitely more wearing on your nerves than healthy ones. It was really nice to have him around to help out, however, he should have saved his sick day for Friday. He woke up with a temperature of around 100 or so but took some ibuprofen and decided to go to work anyway. Bad idea. By about 9 am he was aching and miserable with no way to get home. By the time he got home, I was just writhing on the couch with horrible body aches of my own. We were both pretty much incapacitated for the rest of the night. Some Friday date night. Saturday, we spent most of the day in our pajamas keeping an eye on the clock to make sure neither one of us lapsed on our medication to keep the aches away. Andrew wasn't doing much better, so I took him into the Redicare and spent a good hour or so there. He was not happy at all about having to have his throat and up his nose swabbed. He ended up having strep throat and an ear infection, so the Dr. wrote an Rx for some antibiotics. However by the time we got out of there, all of the pharmacies were closed except for one clear across town in Ammon. Blast. It was almost 10pm by the time I got home and my throat was literally killing me. I dreaded every single swallow. Jason has been suffering from the same thing, but seems to be getting a lot better as the day progresses. The aches have gone away for me but it still hurts to swallow...like I'm trying to swallow a two-sided dagger (ouch). I had them test me for strep, too, at the clinic (may as well so I don't have to pay yet another $15 copay to go back in for me), but my test came back negative.
I went to sacrament meeting alone today, which I really can't complain about because I actually got to listen for the first time in, like, 4 years. I tried not to get too close to anyone because I didn't want to spread our diseases, but it was nice to get out of the house and go somewhere other than the Dr.'s office. But it looks as if we are on the up-swing of all this and I'm looking forward to a new week preferably without any thermometers or medicine syringes involved.
4 comments:
Shell,
Thanks for letting me know about your blog, your kids are so big now, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. In fact I think this is the first or second time I've seen your little guy, and only in pics. Anyway, our blog is www.heilnerfamily.com, next time you are down here lets get together!
Sorry to hear that you and Jason got sick too. Hope you all get better, maybe spring will come around one of these days and take all the sick junk away! :o) -tara
It was great to hear from you. I am so excited that we will be able to keep in touch. I can not believe how big Kate is. She is beautiful. And your little guy is so cute! Keep in touch.
Oh the joys of parenthood. This is one of the things that I am not looking forward to. Sounds like you and Jason handled everything like pros. I am glad that you are all feeling better.
Post a Comment