Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas



By the looks of it, it seems Christmas should be right around the bend. There are only a couple of problems with that, however, I haven't bought anyone Christmas presents yet and, oh yeah, IT'S APRIL!!!! Now, usually the sight of a winter blizzard causes me to want to bake yummy treats and walk around the house singing "Winter Wonderland." But, sadly, this snow flurry has just made me want to up and move to Florida. (I don't think I would though, because those hurricanes just scare the daylights out of me...I guess you can't have it all.) At first I wasn't so bothered. I thought, "Hey, it was over 70 degrees yesterday, there is no way that this stuff is actually going to stick to the ground and accumulate." Well the photo is proof of how very wrong I was. But kids can make any situation comical if they're in the right mood. They really do have a way of finding the glass-is-half-full side of any situation. Kate is standing at the back door staring at all of the blustery weather and asks me, "Mom, can I go out and build a snowman?" I just had to laugh. A snowman in April...not only that but a snowman in April when just the day before there was a line out the door of Reed's Dairy for ice cream cones! You can bet your pretty little behind that business has certainly slowed down today! Oh well. I guess this is what I can expect for living in Idaho. It's not so bad though. It will soon get warm-ish again and melt the snow. But in the meantime, it makes a pretty good conversation starter: "So, how's the weather...?"

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I almost posted the same thing...it is somewhat crazy.

janae said...

Down here it was 80* on Monday and snowed on Tuesday, too! NUTS! (Although our snow didn't stick at all, except on the mountains.) What the heck?!

ps. I've realized recently that I need to watch out for these little phrases. "What the heck" works, "Oh my heck" doesn't. And I think I have to cut out "What the freak" because it will make all those easterners think the phrase they say, and that gives us Mormons a bad rap!

Belnap Family said...

Seriously! What is going on?! I couldn't believe all the snow in the backyard when I woke up this morning! And to think, Ethan was outside washing the car in his underwear just a couple days before!! Luckily the sun seems to be melting most of it now!