Tuesday, August 25, 2009

4th of July Fireworks

Jason's family came up for a BBQ on July 4th and got to experience Jason's mean grilling skills on his new Road Trip Grill. He is so proud of his dual purpose grill...this thing folds up and actually hangs on our wall in our garage when it's not in use. It fits into the trunk of our small car so we can take it camping and stuff too. So much for bigger is better.

While we were enjoying a lovely evening with great weather, not 45 min. away, Pocatello was getting blasted with hail the size of quarters and tons of rain and flooding. I'm glad I wasn't there. Poor people.

We did some fireworks out in front of our house and then sat on a hill next to the soccer complex by our house to watch the big firework show over the river. It was a great evening....for us anyway.





3 comments:

janae said...

I love that picture of Kate - she is so darling. Good for you for doing fireworks. Between the 4th & 24th combined we did a total of ZERO fireworks. Yeah, we're lame like that. :)

Unknown said...

I WISH I had mad grilling skills.

The Nicolaysens said...

I remember the 4th clearly - because me and my family were the ones in Pocatello getting blasted with the hail! Looks like you had a fun 4th though :)