We were doing some tidying up in the kitchen and found a gingerbread house kit hidden in a corner. My mom had intended on getting all the grandkids together to build it during December of last year, but things got too crazy and it never happened. But why let a good gingerbread house kit go to waste? We had all the grandkids together now, so why not let 'em at it?
They had sooooo much fun putting it together. The gingerbread was actually still soft (well, soft for gingerbread) and the frosting was fine too. And since we didn't feel the need to display it (like you often do when you make them in December...then they dry out and you just throw the whole thing away....come on, I know you totally know what I'm talking about), so we let them dig in right after they made it. Awesome!
Seriously, we all had such a great time that I think we might just save a gingerbread house kit to do in July every year!
3 comments:
That is super funny. Why not do it? I think it was a great idea. :) I love the top pic - so funny to see all these girls and then Andrew! You're so lucky you got a boy. Between Trenton, Davis, Heather, and Brittany, there are twelve girls and zero boys. Seriously, you're lucky. love ya!
Eleven. Obviously I can't count. But I make the same point. ;)
Sounds like a missed a great party. It also looks like Andrew needed me there to help even things out.
Post a Comment