Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Andrew!!!

I'm taking a small break from my summer time catch up blogging to wish my Andrew a happy 3rd birthday.

I can't believe that it was just 3 short years ago that you joined our family. I wonder how we ever felt even remotely complete without you. I was scared and didn't know what to expect because my first go at parenthood had been a rough one. I'm so glad I trusted God enough to listen to Him and bring number 2 into the family.



You were never a crier (except when you were suffering with reflux, and it took us a short while to get under control). In fact, the doctor had to give you a pretty good giggle when you made your first debut and all he got out of you was a bored sounding "weh." You slept and slept your first two weeks and I actually had to wake you up to feed you (very strange, indeed). You weren't exactly chubby as a baby, more solid and tank-like. And you were happy, oh so happy. I think the only times you did fuss and cry was when you were tired or hungry. What a joy you were to have around.....just laid back and easy going.




As you've gotten older, you've picked up a bit of a stubborn streak. One that just may keep you out of trouble as a young adult (I hope). You started pounding back when Kate would pound on you. You've even gone as far as purposely doing things just to bug Kate and make her scream. But that's just part of being a little brother, I guess. But above all that, you have become such a good friend to your older sister. Even though she'd never really admit it, she would miss you desperately if you were gone.








And though you're growing up (and you'll probably soon start to really be embarrassed by my saying so) you will always be my baby.



Happy Birthday Baby!

I love you,

mom

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a great post. It's so fun to remember him as a baby. We sure love him.

janae said...

Okay, that very first picture of Andrew is soooo adorable. It makes me baby hungry. That's not a good thing right now. ;) The one of him on J's shoulders looks like it should be in a magazine. And the kisses all over the face one? Hilarious!

Unknown said...

What a good kid he USED to be. HA! J/K. I sure do love the little guy. Happy B-day Drew!

KaYla said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! I remember when he was just born, and after Breann took me over to meet him- I just wanted to hold him all the time cause he was so good.
Love the last pic!

The Nicolaysens said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!

Trisha said...

I loved this post. You made me cry. I hope you all have a great day, and Happy "late" Birthday to Andrew.

Kelly said...

What a sweet post. I love seeing pictures of you with long hair. That kiss picture is so fun!