Monday, August 24, 2009

Caterpillars


A fun craft that I decided to do in June (Yeah, that was way long ago, I know.) was to make caterpillars out of toilet paper rolls. I saved them up for a while and then cut them in half. The kids got to go wild with the markers and stickers and then I punched holes in each tube and tied them together with yarn. Pretty simple, but it kept them (and me) busy for a good chunk of time.

Kate got really sticker happy on hers.



Andrew got a tad bit overwhelmed by the number of sections in front of him after he had spent so much time on the first few, so the middle sections are not quite (if at all) decorated as much as the front and back.

Um, yeah, don't ask me about what they were doing with their faces in this one...I'm quite baffled myself.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

What a fun idea! I think I'll be saving up my tp rolls! :)

janae said...

Oh, that is super cute! I can't believe I haven't thought of using toilet paper rolls before. I will definitely be copying this one!

KaYla said...

way cute idea. you are super creative!